Friday, July 24, 2009

Reflections



I am a reflection

Two mirrors faced on another.
With a sound, reflecting the other.

Both chidren and adults, Loves the mirror
Entranced by one's own reflection.

When you forget that it is, but a mirror,
Emptiness overwhelms.


I am a mirror...

I will not stretch out my hand to the trapped,
Places where my light never shines.

Instead I will stay with them
Glazing upon the same piece of sky.

I know that if there is empathy
Pain will move on.

The sadness will not dissolve
nor will the world change.

As my world turns to dust.
Alas, a new sight.

We are looking for someone who looks like them.
No matter how much you hate yourself.

You can love someone who looks like you.
There is no love in admiration or adoration.

However, the love of their life
Is the person who resembles them the most.


I am a child

I believe I am on the right path.
So things I cast aside or abandoned on my way

Are not to be thought as sacrifices.
The sky closes its eyes.